Last month our apps passed the 3,000,000 tasks mark. This month we are adding a feature to Manage It that will help you be more productive.
Last week we pushed a new version of the Manage It app where you can add “effort” (duration) to a task. Tasks can now span multiple days in the calendar and also show their effort right on the task list. You can resize tasks on the calendar or change their effort through the task list.
To view your company calendar
- Go to https://app.manageitapp.com/ or open the app on your device.
- On desktop or tablet: Click the "Schedule" button in the left column of the app.
- On mobile devices: Click the button in the upper left corner of the app to open the left drawer then click the "Schedule" button in the left column of the app.
Your tasks will now span multiple days if you specified effort for the task. You can resize tasks to change the due date and task effort.
Adding new tasks
To add a task to the calendar all you need to do is add a due date to the task. If you would like to create a new task on the calendar, just click on the day you would like to add the task to. You can also select multiple days on the calendar to add a task that spans multiple days.
Adding effort or duration to your existing tasks
You can add the amount of effort it will take to complete a task from your task list. If you add effort to a task, the task will span multiple days on your calendar. To add effort to the task, click the task menu (the 3 dots to the right of the task) then click "Effort...".
Editing and viewing tasks
To edit or view a task that is on the calendar just click on the task. The amount of effort estimated to complete the task will show right on it, in this case it is 5 days:
A few other things you can do in the calendar:
- Drag and drop tasks to change their due date.
- Show or hide tasks by clicking their project name on the right side of the page.
- Resize a task to change the due date and effort.
The new version of the app is in the app store for all devices except for iOS. We are expecting Apple to approve the update sometime this week, keep a eye out for it.
We hope everyone is having a productive February, we always look forward to hearing your feedback and suggestions!
The Manage It Team