November 9, 2015
Hello everybody! The past month has been a busy one for the Manage It app. Here are some of the new features we’ve added to Manage It:
- Improved My Tasks view – See the context of your tasks and sort your tasks from this view
- Activity feed improvements – Know when new activity has come in
- iPad split screen and slide over – Use the app in split screen mode or slide over mode on the iPad
- Lower pricing – Archived projects no longer count toward your total project count
Improved My Tasks view
We made 2 big improvements to the My Tasks and People views in the app.
1) You can now sort all of your tasks that are in your My Tasks or People views. Previously you were only able to sort tasks if they had a parent task in the list but now your parent tasks are sortable too. Your Starred and Assigned lists are also listed in the same order as they are in the project, this means if you sort in your Starred or Assigned lists, your changes are reflected in the main project.
2) You now see the context of tasks in your Assigned and Starred lists. This is very useful if you use sub-tasks in the app. If you are assigned a sub task, you will now also see the name of the parent task in the list. For example, if you were assigned the task “Finish the landing page” under the main task “The Big Jones Project” it would show up in your Assigned task list like this:
Activity feed improvements
In your company activity feed we no longer auto load new activity for you. We noticed that when a lot of changes were happening, the activity feed would be difficult to read because it would keep adding the new items as they come in. We took a cue from Facebook and added an indicator letting you know that there were new changes and how many new changes are coming in:
iPad split screen and slide over
If you own a newer iPad and have the latest iOS 9 update for it, you can use Manage It in both Slide Over and Split Screen mode. Split Screen mode lets you see 2 different apps side by side on your screen and Slide Over mode lets you quickly access your Manage It task list with the quick swipe of the screen. This is great if you are using another app and you would like to quickly add a task to Manage It but you do not want to lose your place in the app that is open. For more information on how to use Slide Over and Split Screen you can check out this overview:
As promised, we will continue to lower prices or give you more for your money. Starting this month your archived projects no longer count toward your total project count. Many companies create a new project for each customer and when the project is complete they archive it. This helps keep the app uncluttered but still gives you the ability to reference old projects. Previously these archived projects counted toward your total number of projects but now we only bill you for the projects that are active.
We hope to continue lowering pricing and giving you more value for your money as we continue to grow.
We hope all of you had a great month. As always, please send any feedback our way!
The Manage It Team